Connecting communities through trails and the outdoors.
Coordinating user groups to preserve and enhance trail and outdoor recreation opportunities in Southern New Mexico, West Texas and borderland region
To achieve the vision and mission, the alliance will create partnerships with groups of common interest in trails, outdoor recreation, healthy living and sustainable community development. Through these partnerships; inspire, motivate, and lead communities to preserve, develop, maintain, and promote the use of trails and outdoor recreation. Provide a central resource for all things involving trails including: events, volunteer trail work, fundraising for trails, trail maps and guides, and trail, recreation and conservation policies. Foster trail use and connectivity by helping groups and the public direct trail events and link existing and new trail systems together. Through these connections and partnerships, show the links between communities and the environment around them, self powered travel, exercise, healthy living, the outdoors and quality of life.
- Create a resource for all things trails and outdoor recreation
- 501 c3 non-profit status
- Partner with agencies, organizations and local groups to realize the mission and vision
- Create trail adoption and maintenance program
- Organize trail race series to showcase trails and raise funds for trail work
- Create a trail guide for the Las Cruces, West Texas and Southern New Mexico area
- Identify potential new trail routes and write proposal for development
- Organize trail work events
- Allow for growth of the alliance as needed
The Southern New Mexico Trail Alliance was founded by local trail runners and mountain bikers in the Spring of 2014.